"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feb 4th Trades

Made 12 trades and gained .94 cents per share after deducting the .12 cents per share of commissions.
+12 cents on RMBS
+.57 cents on SKF
-.02 cents on RMBS
-.96 cents on SKF
* Wow, this was an absolute picture of "Inaction" and/or "Fear" dictating a trade decision! I thought the bottom was in and bought long. Inaction caused me to hold during continued drop. It kept dropping and I finally sold out of fear. That sell price was the very bottom price of the day ($139.63). Holding would have yielded a nice gain a little later; a great start on a terrific run... the biggest problem was that I didn't sell to cut my loss and wait for that bottom to develop.

+.44 cents on SKF
*caught some of the run up a few minutes after getting punished for -.96 cents
+.09 cents on SRS
-.02 cents on DDM
-.62 cents on SKF
+.16 cents on SKF * this was a click and reverse off the prior -.62 cent loss. something I want to practice more if I miss a direction change. I could have used it earlier on the -.96 cent loss in SKF.
+.41 cents on SKF
-.07 cents on SKF
+ .96 cents on SKF * this gain was taken between 13:49 and 13:59. I thought this was a good place to stop and had other duties away from the computer.
-.12 cents for commissions.


Once I figure out how to take screen shots and post them to the blog, I will show the Trade Records directly from my IB account which include action, quantity, underlying, price, time, commission, and realized P & L; if I can do so without revealing personal data about my account.
-
7 for 12, 58% winners. +.94 cents gain

2 comments:

  1. Not bad at all. If you come out positive after commissions you're obviously doing something right =D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CP. However, even though I'm new at this, I realize that two or three positive days in a row do not constitute a trend. But, a trend is what I'm looking for... from that I'll acurately be able to judge my performance. I have last Thursday and Fridays results to post when I make the time. It's a new blog and time must be budgeted to maintain it. I'll try to update it often enough to keep what few readers I have! Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.