"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Friday, March 6, 2009

March 6th


I spent most of the day mapping volume and price for the SKF. I actually had an enjoyable day, not really focusing on trading but just watching and plotting lines. Thinking about what the price candles actually meant in terms of buying and selling and what volume was doing in relation. It was good training and a very
easy pace. I managed to get in four trades, each of them shorts and each of them for gains before running out to the bank and to Staples around 2:45pm. I completely missed the EOD dropoff in the SKF.
4 for 4 , 100% win rate. $2.10 per share gain.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, when you get a chance - could you do a little 5 bullet post, not like one of my BOOKS - with your top learning in what you look for technically in trading these ETFs?

    These babies don't like the gutter stocks and with out Fear and Greed's blog - I'm trying to figure them out.

    I know Muddy is trading them now too, successfully, but he and the others haven't started doing posts with how he's doing it (YET).

    I think there is a lot to be said about just charting a market and not actually making any trades, paper or real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlie. I'll try to put some things together. I am not a long-tenured trader but I'll try to pick out some things I've noticed.
    It's no doubt that Muddy is doing it successfully, he is a good trader with a lifetime of experience. I noticed he traded FAZ for a couple of days last week. I especially like that format he used for exhibiting his trades, looks familiar...
    I agree about watching and charting; with a careful eye, one can really "see" into the market, although most of the time I feel like I'm "seeing" it through cataracts.
    Maybe one day I will transition smoothly to my real acct!
    Good trading to you; to all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.