"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm done early in the markets today. I had a great day paper-trading SKF and GS. It was not my highest dollar gain since beginning the blog on Jan 31st, but it felt as though it was my best day; at least in a long time. From the start, it seemed as if I was "dialed in" to the market and the stocks I was playing. Indeed, I never had the sense that I was not in control of my positions. As I scaled in to fade strong market emotion, I had confidence in my entry points. I took profits when they presented themselves and didn't try to cash the "big lottery ticket" on any positions. All my positions were winners today, although a few of my scale-in trades were not winners. I did have one trade error when I clicked on "SELL" when I meant to click "BUY" to cover my position, adding one losing trade to my tally today. Fortunately, it lost less than one penny per share. That hasn't happened in a while, which means I was over-due for it!
-
Some days are just a bust and make you feel lousy even if you finish the day with a gain (days where you are scrambling and playing from behind). Today was just the opposite. It feels good to leave April on a high note, considering I closed March with a losing session. I intend to recap April with a separate post as I did at the end of March. That will likely come tomorrow night or Saturday, as I must now prepare for my class tonight and I have a busy "Day-Job" schedule tomorrow. No trades on May 1st for that reason.
-
10 for 15, a 67% win rate. Gain of 95 cents per share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.