"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25th



It's tough to think "trend" when getting to the markets with only a couple hours left in the day. When I only have a little time to spend, I am mostly studying what's familiar and not necessarily looking for trades. What I see in COCO that is familiar to many stocks: the high volume at 10:15 coupled with a decent price range but the open and close prices are relatively tight together ( a sign of potential reversal, the low of this candle is 7 cents off the reversal at 11:10), same thing repeated near the top of the reversal trend at the 12:10pm candle (this one actually was the reversal top), the ultra-low volume signals at 11:45 and 11:55 prior to the stock beginning a 38 cent leap upward in 15 minutes. How about the doji at 1:05pm coupled with very low volume and a cross of the 7 over the 17 EMA ( a short here with those signals would have yielded up to a 93 cent gain by about 3:30pm, with price never reaching up to touch the entry spot). At 3:20pm: a high volume spike after a long drop- coupled with the candle's wide price range but tight open and close price within 1 cent of the LOD (where I took my paper-trade off these signals of reversal). The next candle was the true reversal candle... the low volume on this turn looks very familiar.
Mostly, I just watch and study. And I like the repetition of signals... day after day. I look forward to the time when I can anticipate them and play many profitably.

6 comments:

  1. bluecollar,

    i can't find the question i asked a few days ago so i will ask again. were you able to save the concentration pdf that scott had linked to?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ask the question here, Joshua? The reason I ask is that I didn't get a question from you.
    I saved the link to the file on my favorites list but I did not save the file. To be honest, and I can't help being a bit embarrased about this, I don't have an MP3 player! So, I cannot listen to the file, as far as I know. I'd like to hear it sometime, I'm just not sure how...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i asked the question, but maybe i did it on someone else's blog by accident. the file i am talking about is the adobe file at jogena.com about concentration. i was able to open it but never able to save it and now the link does not work anymore. you would not need an mp3 player for this file. i think the file you thought i was referring to is the voice over scott did with the positive affirmations. you don't need an mp3 player for that file. you can play it in windows media player and you can also burn it onto a cd which is what i did (using windows media player. to play the file, right click the icon, choose open with, and then windows media. if you don't have windows media player there are other programs that will play the file. just let me know if you need more help. the only reason i have an ipod is because i won it, otherwise i wouldn't have one either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ok. Yeah... I thought you were talking about the voice-over file. Thanks for the tip on getting into that.
    The Power of Concentration e-book. Yes, I copied it to MS Word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if it's possible, could you send that file to me at fozzking @ gmail dot com . i was never able to save it. i didn't even think about copy and paste. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.