"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 19th - End of Day

I got back from my emergency call at about 3:40pm and had a chance to monitor my absentee paper-trade. Well, it got pretty ugly, with the price climbing to 36.42... but it was out of sight, out of mind! Price was dropping when I signed back on and I closed it out where I felt downward momo had ceased. It turned out to be very close to the bottom of the final move of the day. I took a loss on the trade and therefore, a loss on the day. I can't remember the last time I took a loss on the day and very rarely take a loss on a trade. And that is a big problem. It is unnatural to not take losses. Clearly some of my sim-trades are good solid trades. But many are not, with losses allowed to run then additional trades taken to average a better price... a dangerous maneuver. The fact that it works in my favor so often masks the risk of such an approach. We have had a range market recently and it is quite forgiving. This approach during a strong trend day followed by another will lead to ruination.
I need to set stops.
My goal going forward is to rack up more losses. Only this will help me advance my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.