"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16th


I had a few minutes at the end of the day to look in on the markets. I decided to watch RIMM in anticipation of a practice trade...

I felt that RIMM had found bottom of the afternoon minor-trend down and that a long trade was in order. I did just that, but I just hate sitting through consolidation. I decided that I didn't like where I was and sold on a high point of this consolidation phase. My stop was at 56.07 - price never dipped low enough to hit it after my exit. This is frustrating and shows the lack of trust in my ability to read stock movement. I chickened out on what turned out to be a pretty good read of the reversal of the late afternoon move in RIMM, albeit a bit early. All I can do is try to gather more experience and overcome my hesitancy.
Too bad about today... I had up to 34 cents available to me and I only took about 7 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.