"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20


In TNA today, I made 5 practice-trades as well as closing out the short from Friday; all for gains, though some pretty small. In fact, with my positions now at 25% of my standard trade of 1000 shares, all are relatively small. All were reversals of moves that had run their course.
I was away checking on a day-job customer between 1:30 and 3:30 pm and missed that very nice 10 minute run on huge vlume at 2:00-2:05 pm.

I'm always on the hunt for volume spikes, doji cnadles, near-doji's, signs of price rejection (long-wicks), waning volume and shorter candles at the end of trends, as well as opportunities to catch moves early out of consolidation (though not much of the latter today). After a while, these things start to be commonplace and I count on them to appear. Familiarity, I believe, is part of becoming good at this art. There is no substitute for time spent watching a moving market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.