"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Friday, March 4, 2011

March 1 & 2


Wednesday the 1st was one where I practice traded the market briefly then decided to shut off the computer and take much of the day for mental recovery . My brain was fried. I had lunch with Mrs Bluecollar then went over to the Maine Coast and walked the beach for two hours. The seven mile beach in the Old Orchard area provides plenty of calming for even the most tightly wound minds.
Yesterday, March 2nd, I just couldn't sync up with the market. One early bad decision took me out of the game for the day... went short for a reversal in the wrong spot, held instead of stopping out, and tied up my capital (paper money)... blah, blah, blah. With so much at stake I still struggle with taking a stop-loss, even the simulated paper kind. This is beyond ridiculous...
-
Anyway, I'm still trying to sharpen my focus and refining my search for the few highest-probabality opportunites in a given day where I might be able to use my live account; maybe in a month or two if I can master the acceptance of stop losses.
I've also added a 14,3,3 full stochastic oscillator to measure the "energy" of the stock I'm watching and the SPY 5-minute chart. I don't find it distracting so I'm going to keep it for a while. I'd like to use it to help measure momentum then eventually ditch it once it has served its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.