"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

first trade since my losing streak earlier




After watching the market for the second half of the trading session, I took this long in BIDU when I thought the market might make a little late day pop. I had a 40 cent winner in BIDU but because it was only 3:40 pm and I still needed 5 mins before I could exit a trade without stopping it out, I couldn't take the gain. While writing this, price has dropped down and I had to stop it out inside my window of opportunity; it was stopped out at 3:45:40 seconds. Bummer, the pop ended just before I could take the money and run. Doesn't matter, I picked a good spot to go long with the direction of a short-term trend, had an acceptable gain, and kept faithful to my exit rules even though it was so close. The only one I would have hurt by cashing it in early would have been me, so all stop out losses today but ending on what I consider a positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.