"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16th

Well, I covered my paper-trade position from yesterday's close with a gain of $1.14 per share. Missed up to an additional $7.00 per share by not sticking with the trade. (the trade was a 4x position, four buy-ins)
Glad to take the winner though, after two days of losses.
A day- job appointment at noon forces me to quit on the markets early today. If I can get back to my desk before closing, I will. But for now, the trading day is over.

Addendum: I was able to trade the last hour and twenty mintues of the day. I added 58.5 cents per share to my earler gains after a 9 for 13 success rate in the afternoon session. I really tried to focus on the momentum and on selling at the least sign of a trade moving against me... trying to use mental stops. This really worked...mostly, it gave me confidence to stay in slightly longer (I felt like I had "insurance.") I kept repeating to myself, "it only costs $5 to click sell" all the time I was in a trade.

12 for 17 winners, 71% success rate. Gain of $1.72 per share.

2 comments:

  1. Stopped the losing streak! You're like Wade Boggs. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Charlie. I've become "lazy" with my trading, as well as unfocused. The sharpness and quick responsiveness necessary for a small scale, lightly capitalized trader was gone. I'm trying to get it back.
    I have been also lazy about following my favorite blogs so I haven't checked in at www.stockrookgoespro.blogspot.com lately. Hope all is well with you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.