"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8th

Between day-jobs and some other duties, I was able to sneak in to trade a bit from the open to about 10:45am.
Five trades, four in SKF and one in GS. Modest gains as has been my plan of late. Take my profits and preserve my win rate. Although, my long entry on SKF at 9:47 was a great entry at the beginning of the reversal off the morning move and one I could have stayed with for a terrific gain! But, I sold it out. Clearly, I still need work on my exits. I sold it for a $.13 cent per share gain but the whole move was about $1.61 per share. I got only 8% of it after getting in long within 44 cents of the very bottom.
But, I am grateful for a gain on that trade and for the day.
-
4 for 5 today; an 80% win rate. Gain of 43 cents per share.

4 comments:

  1. Is this paper trading? If not, 1000 shares of GS, someone's less blue collar than their name suggests :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha... yes, Matty. It is paper-trading. I ussually write that in the text of each day's summary but overlooked it on this one.
    Hope you are well. For a while, you stopped posting to your blog so I pulled it from my must-read list. Are you now active again? If so, I hope you are profitable; at the least, learning more every day.
    As to Blue Collar, I never actually posted the reason for my internet Nickname. I chose bluecollartrader because I am a blue collar guy from a long history of blue collar people. My father was a lifetime shipyard worker and union member, serving his country in that capacity during WWII. Mom the same, since raising three children as a home-maker is as blue-collar as it gets! She also worked in the shipyard, serving the USA during the second world war while the men were away in Service.
    While I have a BS in Economics, I chose to begin a business which is very blue collar in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blue, nice background about your family. I am moderately active now, though mostly still saving, saving, saving for 25k, so the blog isn't too active/interesting at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Matty. Family is everything, imo.
    Good luck saving for the 25k. When the blog starts rolling along, I hope you'll let us know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.