"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16th



One trade, shorted SRS at the HOD and sold much too soon, as the chart illustrates. But, we had other things to attend to.

We had to have our 14 year old Labrador "Elsie" put to sleep. Now that the veterinarian has left, we've decided to spend the rest of the day out. There's always another trade tomorrow... a good dog, now that is something to celebrate.

-

1 for 1, 100% win rate. Gain of $12 in a half-hour of live trading.

4 comments:

  1. Rest in peace, your canine friend.

    My 17 year old cat I had from my sophomore year in college had to be put to rest three years ago. I couldn't do it, letting my wife do the hard task.

    That canine saw me go through many jobs, relationships, cars and homes over those years - from age 19 to 36 - what a roller coaster that was and glad she was with me.

    We got a puppy when the 1st born came - and that dog is angel!

    Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, bc. My fiance' absolutely loves dogs and their family has lost 2 dogs (both to cancer) in the past 3 years.

    A good dog certainly is something to celebrate...they give you so much joy and love you unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie-- Thanks for your nice thoughts. I never had a dog until this one. It was very strange to get up and have no wagging tail at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me. It was difficult to have her put to sleep, but it was time as her qulity of life was suffering badly. We were with her and were glad the vets could come to the house to do it. Now we have the three cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yngvai,
    Appreciate it, James. Dogs are great pets. I was late to discover it as I had no dogs until this one; getting her shortly after Mrs. Blue Collar and I married in 1995.
    I wasn't prepared for what a great pal a dog can be. My wife's family is the same as your fiance's. Lots of dogs and cats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.