"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17th


Back to the markets today after spending the morning on the day-job. I signed into IB about 1:15pm. Played MTG, a lower priced stock, scaling in for a 4/5 position (800 shares) then scaling out when it appeared to not drop as much as I'd hoped. Took a very small profit then moved on, shopping for a better mover.

Got ERX from my IB scans and shorted 2/5 of a position (400 shares) at an average price of $29.71, right at the HOD. (see chart above) -- As has been the case for what seems like an eternity (don't mind the hyperbole), I exited too soon with no real reason, covering at an average price of $29.645 for a small $22 gain. The stock continued to drop through the afternoon and hit a LOD at $28.97 two hours later about 3:35 pm. Had I held, I would have had up to a $296 gain. I took only 7.5% of the move available.

I then traded MELI twice before going back to ERX for three trades. Finally, as the markets approached the close, I found my old friend SKF making some good moves so I scalped a winner on that with a 1/5th position (200 shares). I had missed the two best moves already in SKF by the time I found it (3:30-3:35 and 3:40-3:45 pm candles, 5-min chart).

I'll take my winners, small though they may be... a gain is a gain is a gain.

Hope all of you had a good day; financially or educationally.

-

12 for 12 winners, a 100% win rate. Gain of $108 in 2.75 hours of live trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.