"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 21st


It felt great to get back to the markets to paper-trade today. It has been a couple weeks, it seems. I actually carved out about 3.5 hours to watch it.
I made some good trades and some which were not as good but ended up working out for me. Nothing to write home about because I see the glaring errors in my technique. Still, I think I did ok considering the very few times I have been able to practice in the past two months. I will continue to study, practice when I can, read the blogs (especially FNG), and look forward to the day when I can make my living at day-trading.
My best to you all. Hope you find your days profitable in all ways!

2 comments:

  1. It's good to be back, if only intermittently, James.
    I hope you are "holding your own" and can continue full time with it.

    Right now, I am taking a long view of trading as a career. First I must put my current work life in order so that I can some time in the future be able to practice the art of trading full time. Part time is exceptionally frustrating and difficult, as you know. Mrs Bluecollar and I are planning to finish an apartment over our garage and are also shopping for an investment/income property right now in addition to our regular day-jobs. these are pieces of the puzzle that will generate cash flow down the road, allowing us the freedom to focus on trading.
    It becasme clear in August that i could not spend as much time on trading and still maintain my business. We were not willing to sell our house in order to trade full-time. The realities of life are firmly in the way of my long-term goal of being a professional stock trader. But, a plan is in place and it is being implemented. And who knows, through intermittent practice, I may develop an understanding of this such that I can go "full-time" sooner than expected! It is not for lack of enthusiasm that I am not full-time now, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.