"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Thursday, April 12, 2012

shorted again, and stopped out




Shorted again and stopped out. momo has stalled with small candles and weak volume.


One interesting thing to note... I mentioned earlier in my first post today that the short orange line pointing to the 9:40 candle was my first reaction; I was thinking about going long. The thing to note is that the pullback from 9:55 through 10:20 am came back to that very level. Price retests the "obvious or impulse" decision areas. And those areas don't always show on a 5-minute chart. If you look at the 10:40 am candle now, you won't see the price action that caused the "impulse decions" of those traders. My guess is that a bunch of real-money traders got short at the price where I put that orange line. Like my first impulse, buyers were on the other side, the correct side of the trade and price moved up. Price came back down here, however; panicked shorts who didn't stop out gave a huge sigh of relief and covered, sending the price back up on this current leg of the uptrend.

-

Trading is Gamesmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.