"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Three and done today



I took three trades today... the three I outlined in earlier posts. All three stop losses, but not one was ever in the money. These were dead stinkin' losers. Losers on a day that had tremendous opportunity if one could get onboard the trend. Once again, I was insisting the market reverse direction and the market said no. I need to reexamine my mental biases against trend trading. My first impulse this morning was to go with the trend, but I simply marked the chart with the orange line instead of clicking the mouse. I am not clear as to why... I'll be giving a lot of thought to why I look for mean reversion/reversals when I am under pressure/anxiety. It is a peculiar bias. If I had taken that first trade long instead of just marking the chart, I would have been in for a big ride on a winner because my rules of exit would have kept me in for the entire day; no stop-out and a +$2.00 gain. Anyway, it was not to be.



There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.