"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Friday, April 27, 2012

First and Second of the day

First of the day was a short at the 1:05pm candle. I thought price would retreat off the R1 pivot and continue down. Got stopped out. Short orange line at the 1:20pm candle suggests where I thought it would be good to go long, but I didn't pull the trigger. That is purely a mental lapse and a missed opportunity on a nice winner. I must get to the root of the cause why I struggle to risk in favor of trend. Because this was an "impulse" area of mine and because it was the start of what would have been a winning trade, I have to wonder how many real-money traders got short at that spot ($60.30) and are in agony now because they didn't stop out. Makes me want to keep an eye on that area if price does collapse as the day goes on. Might make a nice level of support, if only temporary. I'm going to mark it with a magenta colored line so I won't forget the spot.


-


Second of the day: Short off the touch of the R2 pivot after a significant volume spike. Price consolidated for a couple candles then drooped. The indices hit support levels so I exited TNA at the same time. Good idea because it was just prior to the pop that shows in the chart at right. My sense is that there is more downside to come, but I took a gain when momo seemed to die. My gut is telling me price will go down in the $60.10-$60.20 area by EOD; maybe as low as $59.65 area. Never certain though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll review your remarks and post on the site assuming they are respectful.